This is my life.

I have a confession to make.  I have avoided blogs like the plague for years now. Not because I'm not interested in what people have to say, but because I know what will happen.  I'll get sucked in to read one, than another, oh, looking at what that comment said, maybe following a link for a recipe, than another....and duh, I know, that's the point.

But with my daughter young, and then my son arriving a few moments after we moved to Wales, I chose to listen to the little angel sitting on my shoulder that whispered , "Your children need you, don't be tempted by that devilish internet!" So I stayed away from computers, other than checking email and occasional shopping (most kid and baby stuff), for quite a long time.  Of course, I'm no where close to be an angel; instead of being in front of the computer I'd be in the kitchen while my kids watched TV.

So now the kids are both in school, we've started our greenhouse vegetable business and now making our own "Value Added Products" from our garden. So I thought this is time to start a blog.  And because I'm interested in too many things and get bored with talking about just one topic, I thought I would share as much about the life here in West Wales as I could.

Quick background:  My husband, originally from North Wales, moved to the States very young and lived most of his life on the east coast. Before we got married, he told me he planned to moved back to Wales - it was his true home.  So I said great! I was up for the adventure.

We moved when I was pregnant with our second child five years ago and haven't looked back since.  It was really tough for my daughter for the first couple years - new house, new country, new school, new brother.  But socially, we couldn't have picked a better place to be.  There's no doubt how much easier it is to meet people when you've got kids.  All of our closest friends we met through the school or local mom and toddler groups. Bless our little darlings!

Hubby commuted 3+ hours a day for work for the first 9 months we lived here.  But that was all he could take. Since then, he's worked from home and he's built a massive timber frame greenhouse and he's built a kitchen and a master bedroom, and erected a polytunnel and done lots of digging with his wonderful digger!  Yes, he's done a lot.  Unfortunately, our place needs about 5x more work done and no mo' money to do it. : (  Well, it'll come...

We started our greenhouse biz (growing tomatoes, lettuces and herbs, peppers and chiles) a couple of years ago now and just getting to point where I feel I can really make a creative contribution - turning the veg into products.  Finally, I get to put my food passion to work! So that's where I am right now: balancing creating new sauce recipes, managing kids, dogs, and the house.  Plenty to do, not a dull moment.  So I best get to sleep now and I'll have lots more to say again soon.

Nos da!

Comments

Popular Posts